Did you know?
Your business can get a connection voucher of up to £3,000 for faster, better broadband through the Government’s Broadband Connection Vouchers scheme.
Broadband Connection Vouchers are being delivered by the 22 Super Connected Cities, each local scheme is designed to meet local needs while helping local businesses to grow and develop.
Upgrading your broadband brings real business benefits. A better connection can help you to boost your bottom line by:
- Increasing your profits by offering better services to more satisfied customers
- Improving your customers’ experience with quicker, communication and faster file-sharing thanks to higher upload and download speeds, especially for large files
- Reducing software and hardware costs by helping you switch to online data storage solutions
- Enhancing the way you communicate and collaborate through online video conference and cloud-based information sharing
- Future-proofing your business with the latest technology to meet your customers’ needs
Broadband Connection Vouchers are available to Small or Medium Enterprises (SMEs) if:
- Your business is within an eligible area one of the 22 cities taking part in the scheme. Check your postcode to find out if you’re eligible
- You are a SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader
- Installation of your new broadband connection will cost over £100
- The connection is for your business premises. You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum 6 month contract with your broadband supplier
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed or performance improvement on your current connection.
- You have not received more than around £120,000 in grants in the last 3 years
Broadband Speed – To Be Eligible
To be eligible for a voucher the broadband service you select must deliver a speed or performance improvement on your current connection, known as a ‘step change’, which must meet certain conditions.
For new next-generation access (NGA) connections, these must offer a minimum of 30Mbit/s. If the existing NGA-based broadband service is 30Mbit/s or greater, then the upgraded NGA service must deliver at least twice the speed of the current service.
Business grade connections must offer:
A minimum of 20 Mbit/s services and are capable of being configured/upgraded to support at least 30 Mbit/s service
Deliver a broadband service of at least twice the speed compared to the current business grade connection
How Do We Start?
Nebula are able to utilise your connection voucher to help your business get the best business grade Internet connection that is available in your area. The voucher can cover installation costs that can usually lead to a SME from moving forward and upgrading from a standard ADSL connection.
By having strong relationships with our partners such as BT, Virgin, Gamma and Daisy we are able to provide high availability Internet solutions at competitive pricing whilst having the installation fees covered by your connection voucher.
For more information on how the voucher scheme and Nebula can help drop us a call on 01454 534 009 or email email@example.com